Screenshots taken over a period of about 20 minutes between 1:47 p.m. and 2:08 p.m. from Beijing. First, the site postsed ten names as members of the 18th Central Committee. Then it was just two. meanwhile at People’s Daily’s Chinese site, it was only two. Meanwhile, China.org.cn still has all ten as of 2:14.
Transpacifica is primarily written by Graham Webster (@gwbstr), a fellow researching U.S.–China Relations at the Yale Law School China Center. Here, since 2006, I write about East Asian politics mostly in China and Japan, the Internet and society, the environment, and contemporary art. Unavoidably, I sometimes veer off topic—even with a topic as large as the Pacific.
I speak only for myself and do not represent any of these things I'm affiliated with:
• Fellow on U.S.–China Relations, The China Center, Yale Law School
• Adjunct Instructor, Center for Global Affairs, New York University
• Contributor, 八八吧 :: 88 Bar
- Pictures of Obama, Xi, Abe, and others hobnobbing in The Hague
- What did Baucus really say he’s ‘very wary’ of in US-China ties?
- Asia in Obama’s 2014 State of the Union: We’re Still Number One
- Statements in the evolving US rhetoric on the Chinese ADIZ
- Key documents on Biden’s trip to Asia (in progress)
This work by Transpacifica is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.