As a new graduate student at the University of Washington, I’ve been hunting around for the various projects, professors, centers, departments, etc., that deal with internet and society issues. I’m going to make a list of links here and update them from time to time. If you find this post and I’m missing something, drop me a line at gwebster [/a/] uw [/dot/] edu or leave a comment.
This may change in the future, but I’m keeping it alphabetical for now.
Last Updated 9 October 2010
- Change – “ICTD at the University of Washington” affiliated faculty: Beth Kolko, HCDE; Chris Coward, iSchool; Gaetano Boriello, CSE; Ricardo Gomez, iSchool; Richard Anderson, CSE. – Holds regular events and has student, grad student, faculty, and other associates.
- Information and Society Center – Information School. Projects on information literacy, etc.
- Prof. Philip N. Howard – Department of Communication
- Project on Information Technology and Political Islam – UW Department of Communication. Prof. Philip N. Howard. Associated with the World Information Access Project.
- Technology and Social Change Group – “The Technology & Social Change Group (TASCHA) at the University of Washington Information School explores the design, use, and effects of information and communication technologies in communities facing social and economic challenges.”
- World Information Access Project – Directed by Prof. Philip N. Howard.